Passionfruit Melting Moments

My husband told me these tasted fabulous. I was slightly taken aback because I can't remember if my husband has ever said something I've cooked was fabulous!

Biscuit
250g unsalted butter
40g (1/3 cup) icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
185g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
60g (1/2 cup) custart powder

Passionfruit Filling
60g unsalted butter
60g (1/2 cup) icing sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons passionfruit pulp

Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in vanilla essence. Sift in the flour and custard powder and mix to a soft dough. Roll level tablespoons of the mixture into 28 balls and place on the trays. Flatten slightly with a floured fork. (I ended up putting more flour and custard powder in this as I found it hard to form into balls. It made them turn out slightly dry and extremly melt in your mouth crumbly.)
Bake for approx. 20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.

To make the filling, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, then beat in the passionfruit pulp. Use the filling to sandwich the biscuits together. Leave to firm before serving. Makes 14 filled biscuits.

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Bobbie's ... oh my, I've just spent the last little while drooling over the yummy stuff you have on here. I love to bake too. My problem is I then eat what I've baked, which isn't good!

    I'll be coming back here for inspiration next time I'm cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too eat pretty much everything I make, I barely leave anything for my poor husband and kids....I have a MAJOR sweet tooth :) I've been thinking of putting up some fat free/low calorie sweet foods 'cos I need to save my ever expanding waist:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) THese look like macaroons with no "feet" --- I like them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete