These biscuits turned out great. Petal did a lot of the work on these because they are really easy. We'll be making another batch soon so Petal can give some to her friends as Christmas gifts.
Ginger Cookies ( you can use any cookie recipe though)
2 cups (300g) plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1 cup (200g) caster sugar
125g cold butter, chopped
1 tsp golden syrup
1. Preheat oven to 170°C/140°C fan-forced. Greased oven trays; line with baking paper.
2. Process sifted dry ingredients with butter until mixture is crumbly; add egg, golden syrup and ginger, process until ingredients come together. Knead on floured surface until smooth.
3. Make 1 30g ball and 2 8g balls (you don't have to measure if you don't want to. I'm a bit thingy about getting things just so). Position as below.
4. Push a paddle pop stick into the big ball just until you can feel it the other side.
5. Flatten the balls over the stick. Push the paddle pop stick up further if you need to. The paddle pop stick should be quite a ways in.
6. Cook them in the oven for approx. 15 minutes.
7. Decorate. We used mini m&m's for the eyes, left over oval jubes from the flower biscuits, sugarpaste flowers for the girls (a bit Hello Kitty don't you think. *Hello Koala*??). Used royal icing to stick them down. You could use melted chocolate.
You can see these being made (but a Teddy Bear) on Howdini.com.